Las Américas International Airport Parking
The management of Las Américas International Airport provides parking facilities to customers planning to leave their vehicles, namely Long-Term Parking, Short-Term Parking, and Premium parking.
Generally, parking is charged at under a dollar per half hour for the first eight hours, and up to a dollar every two hours thereafter.
Passengers who want to park their car at the facility must ensure that they arrive earlier to have plenty of time to look for parking and avoid being late for their flight.
Tourists from different parts of the world arrive and depart here regularly, especially during peak season. Account for human traffic and the possibility of high demand for parking lots during this period.
As an alternative, you may also try to look at nearby locations if there are parking lots by independent providers.
The Parking Facility
Santo Domingo Airport has main parking located in front of the terminal with a capacity of 1,200 vehicles.
There are reserved parking spaces for passengers with reduced mobility.
The public parking area has a capacity of fewer than 400 vehicles. Users receive a ticket, generated automatically when they access the parking lot, and which they have to pay inside the Terminal Building before they drive off their vehicles.
Users must abide by the rules and terms and conditions of the parking facility and note that it will not be responsible for the loss or damage of their parked vehicle.
All rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Long-term Parking Rates
- 1-day, RD$ 800.00
- 2 days, RD$ 1,000.00
- 3 days, RD$ 1,200.00
- 4 days, RD$ 1,400.00
- 5 days, RD$ 1,600.00
- 6 days, RD$ 1,800.00
- 7 days, RD$ 2,000.00
Note: For vehicles parked for more than 7 days can pay RD$ 200.00 per extra day.
Short-term Parking Rates
- 0 to 2 hours, RD$ 150.00
- 2 to 3 hours, RD$ 250.00
- 3 to 4 hours, RD$ 350.00
- 4 to 5 hours, RD$ 400.00
- 5 to 6 hours, RD$ 450.00
- 6 to 7 hours, RD$ 500.00
- 7 to 8 hours, RD$ 550.00
- 8 to 9 hours, RD$ 600.00
- 9 to 10 hours, RD$ 650.00
- 10 to 11 hours, RD$ 700.00
- 11 to 12 hours, RD$ 750.00
- Maximum daily, RD$ 800.00
Premium Parking Rates
- 0 to 2 hours: RD$ 300.00
- 2 to 3 hours: RD$ 500.00
- 3 to 4 hours: RD$ 650.004 to 5 hours: RD$ 800.00
- 5 to 6 hours. RD$ 900.00
- 6 to 7 hours, RD$ 1,000.00
- 7 to 8 hours, RD$ 1,100.00
- 8 to 9 hours, RD$ 1,200.00
- 9 to 10 hours, RD$ 1,300.00
- 10 to 11 hours, RD$ 1,400.00
- 11 to 12 hours, RD$ 1500.00
- Maximum daily, RD$ 1,500.00
From 24 hours Parking Rates
- 1 day: RD$ 1,500.00
- 2 days: RD$ 2,000.00
- 3 days: RD$ 2,500.00
- 4 days: RD$ 2,700.00
- 5 days: RD$ 2900.00
- 6 days: RD$ 3,100.00
- 7 days: RD$ 3,300.00
- For more than 7 days: the cost per extra day is RD$ 200.
Parking Tips at Las Américas International Airport
- Leave home and plan to arrive at the airport at least an hour earlier. In that way, you can potentially avoid the likelihood of driving around looking for parking availability. It could also delay your arrival at the departure gate promptly.
- Check out the airport’s map. Before leaving for the airport, familiarize yourself with terminals, gates, access roads, and parking locations.
- When traveling with a piece of luggage, be mindful of the distance between the parking location and the terminal gates. Also, look if there are shuttle buses available in your vicinity.
- Especially during the long holidays, rush hour, and high travel seasons, vehicles at the parking area may cause a jam at the bottleneck at the security checking area and the airport gates.
- When there are lots of passengers, this also means that the airport shuttle services are slow and overcrowded, packed with people and their luggage.
- Unannounced security measures can also inconvenience your schedule, and it’s hard to prepare for them.
- Unannounced maintenance and construction work can mean detours that you will have to take to get to your parking spot at the airport.
- When traveling with your vehicle to the airport, provide enough time to account for possible delays on the road.