Train Transfers To and From Las Americas Airport
Other Transfer Options
Las Américas International Airport Train Transfers
The Dominican Republic’s Las Américas International Airport (SDQ) is served by multiple major international airlines with daily service to and from destinations all over the world.
The airport, located in Punta Caucedo, is about 28 kilometers away from the capital city of Santo Domingo where the Metro Station is located. You can get there by taxi for less than US$ 40.00.
The Dominican Peso (DOP) is the official currency in the Dominican Republic. The symbol for the Peso is $. To distinguish between the US Dollar (US$) and the Peso ($) the symbol RD$ symbol is used.
As of this update, the conversion rate for US$ 1.00 = 55.16 RD$. However, US dollars are accepted across the island and are frequently used as the currency of reference.
Credit cards are widely accepted everywhere. There are currency exchange offices and banks, and ATMs are available in the major urban areas.
Santo Domingo Metro Station
The Dominican Republic's capital, Santo Domingo, has a metropolitan underground transport network that can be used to get around.
A one-way ticket costs approximately RD$ 20.00, but you can also buy a reusable pass.
The opening hours are 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM from Monday through Friday and 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
When traveling the city for leisure, it is advisable to avoid the rush hour since the underground is packed with people.
Metro Line 1 (16 stations)
- Terminal Station Mama Tingo - Marañón
- Gregorio Urbano Gilbert Station - La Paz
- Gregorio Luperón Station - Buena Vista II
- José Francisco Peña Gómez Station - Los Guaricanos
- Hermanas Mirabal Station - Mirador Norte Park
- Máximo Gómez station - La Isabela
- Los Tainos Station - at Nicolas de Ovando Av.
- Pedro Livio Cedeño Station - at National Cemetery (Cementerio)
- Peña Batlle Station - at Peña Batlle St.
- Juan Pablo Duarte Station - John F. Kennedy Ave. (Interchange Line 2)
- Prof. Juan Bosch Station
- Casandra Damirón Station
- Joaquín Balaguer Station
- Amin Abel" Station
- Francisco Alberto Caamaño" Station - at Abraham Lincoln Ave.
- Terminal Station "Centro de los Héroes"
Metro Line 2 (14 Stations)
- Est. María Montez - Av. Gregorio Luperon
- Est. Pedro F. Bono - Av. Núñez de Cáceres
- Est. Francisco G. Billini - Av. Dr. Defillo
- Est. Ulises F. Espaillat - Av. Winston Churchill
- Est. Pedro Mir - Av. Abraham Lincoln
- Est. Freddy Beras Goico - Av. Lope de Vega
- Est. Juan Ulises García - Av. Ortega & Gasset
- Est. Juan Pablo Duarte - Av. Máximo Gómez (Interchange with Line 1)
- Est. Coronel Rafael Tomas Fernández - Av. Leopoldo Navarro
- Est. Mauricio Baez - Esc. Rep. Dom.
- Est. Ramón (Mon) Cáceres - Av. Duarte
- Est. Horacio Vásquez - Av. Josefa Brea
- Est. Manuel de Jesús Abreu Galván - Av. José M. López
- Est. Eduardo Brito - Av. Francisco del Rosario Sánchez
Extension Line (4 stations)
- Est. Ercilia Pepín - Avenida San Vicente de Paúl
- Est. Rosa Duarte - Avenida San Vicente de Paúl
- Est. Trina de Moya Vásquez -Avenida San Vicente de Paúl
- Est. Concepción Bona next to Megacentro
For a complete guide to Santo Domingo Metro Station fares, routes, and schedules, please visit https://www.visitdominicanrepublic.org/metro-in-santo-domingo